Thursday, September 24, 2009

New Tattoo!

I went to Twisted Fix in Hamtramck, Michigan to get a feather in memory of my cousin Mikey.

Mikey took his own life June 12, 2008 at the age of 22. Growing up we were close, but drifted apart as we became teenagers and adults. Mikey started to drink and do drugs and get in trouble. I didn't want anything to do with that and then ironically I became an Alcoholic too. However, in 2005 I got sober and Mikey continued his wild ways.

At the memorial my Uncle Bill posted a bunch of tattoos that Mikey drew. He wanted to be a tattoo artist and he could have, he was very good. There were many hearts and then a feather and a monkey that stood out. After we buried him I turned around to walk to the road. I saw a feather at my feet and told my family that Mikey was with us. Everyone agreed.

One day I asked God to use Mikey as all my Angel and to show me when his is there with feathers. Often I will be going somewhere and see one or many on the sidewalk, or one on my porch, in the backward, etc. I know my cousin is with me. So, I decided recently to get a feather tattooed on my forearm.

I know you are all thinking, what does it look like? Because it is gray-scale I don't want to show you until it has healed. Gray-scale tattoos are very dark after being done and don't have the actual coloring until after all the scabbing comes off. So hopefully in a week or two you all can see what it looks like.

God Bless,
Kristine

P.S. Karaoke tonight!

1 comment:

  1. I want it! It is so beautiful! Mikey would be so proud of it.

    ReplyDelete