Friday, September 25, 2009

Pet Peeve

Does anyone feel the same way?

I have a couple of my own businesses (Purple Elephant Designs- Interior Design and Avon) and I like to promote them by sending out emails and having Facebook groups.

Nothing bothers me more than when someone emails me and says to stop sending them emails. I don't know how I am supposed to remember that without deleting them from my address book. Because if I send something unrelated to my business they seem to be ok with that.

So, people who do this; why can't you just delete the message and move on with your day? People send me things and sometimes I don't feel like reading them, so I delete them. It is so simple and you don't have to offend anyone.

I am curious to hear your thoughts!

God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. A great number of people will stop reading/taking any emails from a person who sends unsolicited business email, i.e. spam, to their email box. They do not have the time nor the desire to sort through their email to decide which ones to open. If you wish to have any contact with those folks outside of business you have to send business email from one address and private email from a different address. Otherwise soon a a fair number of your private emails will not get to the people you wish, they will have been filtered out as spam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a business email and personal email. They are both Gmail and they come to the same inbox and I access the same address book.

    I just think if my friends are doing great things I would be happy to know about it.

    To me it is offensive when I get an email from a friend basically saying, "I don't care to know about your business." I would never do that to anyone.

    ReplyDelete